Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lions and Tigers and Bears! Okay, no bears..


What else does one do on January 31st but go to the zoo of course!  Yesterday was another beautiful day in Des Moines; just about 60 degrees or so!  My sister called in the morning and asked if Max and I had plans.  We just so happened to be looking for some.  For Christmas, my grandma got Heather and her family a zoo pass that allows two guests.  Max and I were lucky enough to be those guests!!!

I got Max ready for the day, I don't know if you can see in the pictures, but he insisted on wearing his "zoo pals" shirt for his first trip to the zoo!

Max started out the adventure being a little bit skeptical.

We had so much fun spending time with Aunt Heather and cousins, Hailee and Brody.  Hailee was telling us all about the animals and Brody was so great at opening all the doors for Max and his stroller!

Aunt Heather, Hailee (age 4), Brody (22 months)
Heather and I grew up going to Blank Park Zoo and it was so fun to be there with our kids!  I felt so grown up!

Max slept through most of the zoo.

Hailee and Brody in a pouch!
Towards the end of the trip, Hailee was hungry, Brody was slowing down, and Max woke up ready for a diaper change.  Good thing the zoo only takes about an hour to walk through!

Max and me.
And...  If you have ever been to the Blank Park Zoo, you know that the red pandas are cute as all get out! Here is a video of Brody attempting to say "red panda!"




No comments:

Post a Comment